Tioga County Senior Citizens Foundation (TCSCF) announces its annual distribution of $51,000 to aid older citizens. Grants for 2021 were awarded in September to non-profit organizations that serve older adults in Tioga County, NY. Since 1982, the mission of TCSCF has been to help groups and organizations provide services that improve the lives of local seniors. With this year’s donation, the Foundation has now awarded over 2.2 million dollars toward projects and services benefitting the older population.
To favor increased investment in long-lasting projects this year, and with limited investment account funding available, the grant committee became unable to fulfill many of the worthy requests. However, TCSCF President Ralph Kelsey and the volunteer directors are pleased to name the following recipients of funding in the 2021 competitive grant process:
- Candor Emergency Squad – toward purchase of a Zoll Heart Monitor for emergency calls
- Candor Historical Society – toward an indoor, accessible restroom
- Catholic Charities Tioga Outreach – emergency assistance for the elderly
- Coburn Free Library – accessible entrance/bathroom project – project now complete
- Project Neighbor of Newark Valley – personal care items and cleaning supplies for needy seniors
- Tioga County Health Department – provide needy senior citizen pet owners with items not covered by other funding to promote household safety and cleanliness
- Tioga County Open Door Mission – emergency assistance for elderly
- Tioga County Rural Ministry – emergency assistance for elderly
- Town of Berkshire Recreation Department – toward development of northern loop of walking trail at Berkshire Creekside Park
- Town of Richford – toward purchase of an accessible picnic table for the park
- Village of Nichols – toward paving of unfinished, shady portion of walking trail in Kirby Park
Senior Citizens Foundation seeks contributions, memorials, and bequests to help ensure that the trust account will be able to continue funding projects for seniors forever. Make your tax-exempt donation to ensure the Foundation can continue its mission at www.tcseniorfoundation.com.
Nonprofit administrators are invited to complete a grant request application at the website or get an application from TCSCF, P.O. Box 117, Owego, NY 13827. Applications for the next year must be received by June 1, 2022. Awards will be announced in September 2022.