Owego, NY – Twenty-six nonprofits have received $62,700 from Tioga Senior Foundation. Distributions are made one time each year to organizations that serve the needs and interests of older adults of Tioga County, New York. Fifteen volunteer board members, selected from all parts of the county, direct the activities of the charitable foundation. Tioga Senior Foundation has given over $2 million for projects and services that benefit Tioga County’s older citizens since 1982.
Recipients of donations in the 2018 competitive grant process:
- All libraries and senior citizen clubs in Tioga County are eligible. All applying received grant funding
- Catholic Charities Tompkins/Tioga Outreach – emergency assistance to the elderly
- Community Care Network of Nichols (CCNN) – volunteer support and insurance
- Mercy House of the Southern Tier, Inc. – bedside tables in resident rooms
- Northern Tioga Neighbors Network (NTNN) – volunteer support and program development
- Resource Center of Candor – electrical upgrade at food pantry
- Rural Health Network of SCNY – chronic disease self-management project
- Tioga County Open Door Mission – emergency assistance to the elderly
- Tioga County Rural Ministry – emergency assistance to the elderly
- Tioga Opportunities, Inc. Aging – food and supplies for the Home Delivered Meals Program
- Tioga Opportunities, Inc. Community – food to stock food pantries and soup kitchen
- Tioga Opportunities, Inc. Housing – materials for home repairs by Group Workcamps volunteers
- VFW Post 1371 – care packages for senior veterans in need
Tioga Senior Foundation actively seeks and gratefully accepts contributions, memorials and bequests. Find out how to make a tax-exempt donation at www.tcseniorfoundation.com. Administrators of non-profits may complete a grant application by visiting the web site or by writing to Tioga Senior Foundation at P.O. Box 117, Owego, NY 13827.
Applications for the next distribution must be received by June 1, 2019. Awards will be made in September 2019.
For more information contact:
Carolyn Wright, Secretary
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org